Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Am I CRAZY!?!?!?!?

I first got into knitting just before I got pregnant with my first born. I enjoyed making scarfs I didn't really know how to do anything else. When I found out I was going to have a baby boy I wanted to make a blanket for him. So I taught myself how to make a blanket - it's not perfect but I did it and he love's it. Still to this day he will snuggle up with it. The problem is it's a baby blanket and it barely covers him. My knitting skills improved by the time my second son came along. I made up my own unique pattern for it - still a few mistakes but no one is perfect. When I finished N's blanket Hubby LOVED it and asked for one - I just laughed and said "don't you know how long it took me to just a baby size blanket? It would take forever for me to do a king size."

Well the time came when hubby was going to go overseas for a YEAR and I figured what better time to make him a blanket. It would be my worry project which I started in Jan 2010. I figured that I would be able to surprise him when he came home.....well I was WRONG. I didn't stick with it and I still have about 100 more rows.

Ready for the crazy part?
I have been driving myself nuts over this for over a year wanting to be done and here I am planning ANOTHER blanket and not just one, no that would be too easy. I decided I want one and I also wanna make one for both of the boys since they have out grown their baby blankets.

Maybe I am not crazy but I think if i keep piling on projects I will be.

1 comment: